Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bol

So the wait is over. Bol is finally releasing here in UAE and I'll probably catch it later today. Feels really good to watch a Pakistani Movie in this foreign land again (after.. well I guess 4 years).

I have heard a lot of good things about this movie from those who have already seen it back in Pakistan. So looking forward to enjoy yet another good flick from Shoman. His debut movie was good and was a huge commercial success all over the world. The slight problem with that movie was (in my view) that it was too preachy, and tried to address far too many issues in one single go. Also, I could make out that the characters were not normal characters in movie, at times they sounded like author's mouthpieces. Certainly, subtlety is not Shoaib Mansoor's cup of tea, but this seems to be OK with most of us :)  

I expect exactly the same from his new movie too. It will be blunt and preachy. I just hope he has improved as a storyteller/director and has put together a riveting tale, adding the social message seamlessly within the story

Music of this movie has been average by his own lofty standards, but I expect the movie itself to make up for it.

No comments: